Friday, February 4, 2011

Chicken. It's What's For Dinner. Again.

Well, I've deprived myself of this therapeutic hobby called "blogging" long enough. I'm back in the game. So for the two of you (hi, mom and dad!) who read this, you are welcome.

On my mind today? The wonderfulness that is ready-to-eat (enter favorite local grocery store name here) rotisserie chicken. At Wal-Mart, a small one, perfect for my 3-person family, is $5.00. It tastes SO good right off the bone, that simply throwing some frozen or canned veggies on the side makes for one easy meal.

THEN, as if it wasn't good enough on its own... The chicken is already cooked and flavored with a versatile seasoning, so the leftover options are limitless! I've had chicken quesadillas made w/ shredded cheese, leftover tortillas from taco night, and a bit of salsa and sour cream. I've thrown it into soup to make a delicious and super easy chicken tortilla soup, I've used it to "hearty" up a green salad for lunch, and I've made a delicious wrap with lettuce, cucumber, and ranch all in a tortilla. Tonight we're making our own pizzas, and I plan on making a chicken alfredo pizza with the last night's rotisserie leftovers. Can't wait to try it out!

So now what I want to know is, what are your favorite quick and easy chicken leftover recipes!?

2 comments:

  1. Well, we love them too, but I think the ones from Sam's are sooo much better than Wally Worlds.
    I know,I know.. same place basically, but seriously, they always look bigger and better and smell yummier too. I buy 2 or 3 each time I go to Sam's, double wrap them in foil
    ( after cutting at least one in half, cause just the 2 of us won't usually eat a whole one ) and reheat on low when I thaw them up for a quick meal.
    They taste like they've just been cooked fresh ! And if I do want some left for something the next day, I just thaw and cook 2 halves.
    All of your leftover ideas are some I've used too. Chicken spaghetti is one of my favorite comfort foods...chopped, cooked chik, a can of rotel, cooked noodles, a can of mushroom soup ( undiluted ) and grated cheddar. Mix it, throw a little more cheese on top, cook @ 350 for 30 minutes. Yummy !
    You could mix it up the night before and stick in the oven when you get home from school. 30 or 40 minutes later and you're eating !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I read your blog too! :) I just love making a chicken sandwich with leftovers from our rotisserie chicken!

    ReplyDelete